June 2, 2021
May 21, 2020
YMCA Phase 1 Reopening Guidelines
We are excited to begin reopening our facility on May 26! We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facility, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities. On May 26, we will begin reopening in phases, and will gradually get back to our new normal.
• Members will use the Northside door to enter the facility.
• Members must answer 5 questions and self-evaluate before entering the facility.
• Members must check-in at the front desk upon arrival.
• Members must maintain a minimum of 6 feet social distancing.
• Member are encouraged to wear a face-covering but not when working out.
• All staff will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility.
• All staff will answer 5 questions to self-evaluate.
• Plexiglass has been installed at the front desk counter.
• Hours of operation are: Monday thru Thursday 5:15 am-8 pm, Friday 5:15 am-7 pm, Saturday 7 am-3 pm
• The following will be open: Wellness Center, Weight Room, Stretching Area, Walking Track (for walking only), Cycling Room for open cycling only, East Pool for lap swim, Aquacise classes Monday-Wednesday-Friday 9-9:45 am.
• You must go online to Ashland YMCA Facebook or our website to our reservation platform to sign up for a lane for lap swim or call to reserve a spot.
• Adult locker rooms will be open for restroom and hand washing only.
• No guests will be permitted. Facility use will only be for members.
• The facility will be open for ages 13 and older for facility usage.
• The only water fountain in use will be the one in the gymnasium.
• Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
• Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• We have more hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
• Coffee will not be available and seating will be limited throughout the facility.
We will continue to review the state guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website, and social media to meet federal, state, and local guidelines. Starting June 1, we will be adding some group exercise classes, limited child watch, and SilverSneakers classes. Starting June 8, we hope to bring back some limited times for Pickleball. We are working on a plan for when we can start adding additional programs.